Flow Traders is looking for entrepreneurial, competitive and analytical talent to join our Trading department as an Intern. What better way to find out if a career in (Quantitative) Trading is something for you, than by experiencing it yourself as a Trading Intern?
During 6 weeks, you will get a 360-degree view of our role in the financial markets, how our Traders seize arbitrage opportunities, and how they work together as a team to optimize and improve their desk.
This Trading internship is about immersing yourself in financial markets and experience trading from up close. You do not need to have a financial background; we will teach you all you need to know. Experience with a scientific programming language or excel is an advantage though. Working closely with Traders and Quantitative Researchers, you will add value by working on real trading projects. You will solve problems, create new tools and/or design new strategies. You will test your project in a trading simulation.
- Get a chance to experience the fast-paced Trading Environment.
- Work together and learn from the best of the industry.
- Enjoy our healthy breakfast, lunch and some less healthy snacks.
- Participate in workout classes in our in-house gym.
- Celebrate our wins with the Flow team in our in-house bar.
- Opportunity to get a full-time position after your internship!
- Currently studying a university degree (e.g. Physics, Math, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, Finance or similar);
- Demonstrable interest in trading;
- Experience with a scientific programming language ( e.g. Python / MATLAB / R or similar) or Excel;
- Competitive, innovative & creative personality with excellent mental arithmetic skills;
- Capability to reason logically and deliver under pressure;
- Ability to spot opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them.
- Please apply with a resume and cover letter through our website. We advise you to attend a Flow Traders’ company presentation, if you have not done so yet check out our event page and see if and when you can attend an in-house day.
- Take a numerical test, you will have to solve 75 numerical questions in 10 minutes. You can test your skill by participating in the mathchallenge.nl.
- Do a capacity test.
- Interview with a Trader and a Recruiter. During this interview, you will answer questions about our core business, your motivation to join Flow Traders as a Trading intern and solve a few brainteasers.
- Try to beat two senior Traders during a Trading game and solve a quantitative case study in our Amsterdam office.
- This internship is open for students living in Europe. This is a full time internship.